Job title: Analyst, Data Science & Capabilities
Job description: At Global Financial Transactions Company, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Global Financial Transactions Company is on a journey to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. The Data Strategy & Management (DSM) team, within Global Commercial Services (GCS), is focused on powering the best customer experience and business growth through data. With continuous changes in regulatory environment, DSM team would play a key role in strengthening GCS critical enablers. In partnership with the Enterprise Data Office and across GCS, DSM is tasked with building new, innovative data solutions for our customers, while adhering to regulations and data governance best practices.
DSM team’s scope is comprised of 3 pillars:
- Data Strategy – Responsible for defining the vision and roadmap to transform data as a key asset to power business growth.
- Data Management & Collaboration – Responsible for the ongoing data management, analytics best practices and data quality monitoring.
- Data Capabilities & Solutions – Responsible for enabling data platforms with scalable solutions for key internal and external customer experiences.
Purpose of the Role
This role is related to data capabilities & solutions pillar and the analyst would be responsible for delivering & managing key data solutions on big data platform, by analyzing & mining data, conceptualizing the capability, creating a proof of concept/ prototype, driving automation and partnering with technology for solution build, with the aim to enable strong commercial data management & quality.
- Create, enhance and maintain data capabilities on big data environment that house various commercial portfolio data
- Handle manipulation of large datasets on Hadoop to ensure faster data analysis
- Identify relevant data sources and Interpret and analyze the data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques
- Use state of the art machine learning techniques to select features, build, and optimize classifiers
- Devise and utilize algorithms to mine big data stores and perform data and error analysis to improve models
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Explore & leverage different data management and manipulation tools to create and manage various data products for internal and external commercial needs
- Design system architecture, data model, information flow, input and output configuration and reporting templates
- Understand business objectives, convert it to data requirements & technical needs and get it implemented by technology
- Partner with AXP data office to build new & innovative services for our customers by leveraging enterprise tools, processes, technical expertise and policies
- Partner and align with business partners’ issues with data and reports to provide quality solutions and alternatives that meet customer requirements and project deliverables
- Deliver data democratization focused on the product roadmap for GCS business need by gaining deep functional understanding of the GCS business over time and ensure data solutions are relevant and actionable
- Participate in project team meetings and communicate effectively with peers, architects, system analysts, project managers & others, reporting project status as required
Critical Factors to Success
- Deliver sustainable solutions for key GCS data challenges by fully tapping into AXP’s analytical & technical expertise
- Deliver high quality & accurate data strategy results in timely manner and build best in class data solutions
- Reduce time to market through API and open architecture while ensuring minimal impact to legacy applications
- Connect with AXP data office initiatives and capabilities to drive scale for the GCS data solutions
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with an innovative mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
- 1-4 years of experience in big data-based solutions for analytics/capabilities
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative business analysis, statistical and modeling techniques
- Bachelor/Advanced degree in data science, computer science, information technology, information management or statistics from premium institutes
- Strong problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to build & leverage relationships and influence broadly
- Create cost effective scalable systems and develop innovative algorithm solutions
- Experiment innovative ideas and work in creative environment
- Data manipulation with large & complex dataset
- Basic statistical techniques and algorithms
- Machine Learning & AI
- Data management & processing
- Preferred: Demonstrated experience of designing modelling process to create algorithms and predictive models
Knowledge of Platforms
- Big Data, Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce or Python
- Visualization – Tableau
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set the Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others with You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It the Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 23:45:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!