Job title: Applied R and D Engineer
Company: Nokia Solutions and Networks India Pvt. Ltd.
Job description: About Cloud & Network Services (CNS)
Cloud and Network Services is a leading Nokia business group that offers Network solutions on Core, Business and Enterprise segments, as well as Cloud solutions and Cognitive Services. It is a newly formed business group, that includes most of the former Nokia Software business, Nokia s enterprise solutions, core network solutions including both voice and packet core, and managed and advanced services from its former Global Services unit. This unit will also act as a delivery channel of certain products from other business groups to enterprise customers. Cloud and Network Services (CNS) will target growth by leveraging the industry transition to cloud-based delivery, network-as-a-service business models, and software-led value creation.
At Nokia we are seeking an experienced Applied R&D Engineer to join our CNS Global Services (GS) Team, based in Noida, India.
As a member CNS Global Services (GS) Team, you will plan and execute Nokia Mediation product (a leading mediation application which provides an operator with voice/data in 4G/5G network) implementation & validation in an end-to-end network level environment. CNS Global Services (GS) team is responsible for deploying products in Mediation domain.
As a self-starter, you will have the opportunity to verify Nokia Mediation functionality including DevOps automated test, call processing, database, system recovery, measurements and software release update in a fast-paced environment.
In this role you will interact and work with internal Nokia and external customer teams globally.
- Understanding overall customer network requirements.
- Ability to understand customer requirement and translating them into business requirement documents.
- Working with system engineers and developers to review and analyse requirements.
- Developing appropriate test plans.
- Executing and analysing test results to assure that feature and system requirements are met from customer network perspective.
- Taking ownership for issues and demonstrate leadership in resolving issues while collaborating with deeply technical, subject matter experts.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor s degree in computer science, electronics and communications or relevant field, with strong software interest)
- Graduate minimum of 2 years experience in Nokia Mediation or any other mediation product/system.
- Working knowledge of Nokia Mediation (or) any other mediation product/system with ability to independently work, write code, test and deliver good quality workflows/nodes/streams and functional tests.
- Working experience on Nokia Mediation product fComptel s EventLink 7.2 and above or Nokia Data Refinery 18.X and above is also a plus.
- Good background and understanding of telecom domain concepts.
- Good debugging, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communications skills (written and verbal).
- Good exposure and working experience in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, PostgreSQL, Unix.
- Good exposure and Hands on experience on Nokia Mediation (or) any other mediation product/system installation, migration and troubleshooting is also a plus.
- Good exposure and knowledge in C, C++, Perl, Java and XML.
- Working experience in Business Logic Tool (BLT), TimesTen and other product specific features (*Nokia Mediation specific) is also a plus.
- Scripting knowledge in Shell, Bash, Python and Ansible.
- Exposure and experience in test automation tools also a plus.
- Knowledge on Kubernetes and docker container is a plus.
- Exposure and hands-on knowledge into cloud methodologies, technologies and Openstack and VMWare is also a plus.
- Experienced with Nokia Mediation applications based on Nokia CSF platform is also a plus.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the customer segment using this product. ,
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Job date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:04:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!