Job title: Associate Director, Software Development
Company: S&P Global
Job description: JobDescription :
S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Senior Lead Software Developer (IC).
The Location: HYDERABAD, INDIA
The Grade: 12 (Internal use only)
Xpressfeed Product development team at S&P Market Intelligence builds and maintain high available client facing applications.
Each of our employees plays a vital role-uncovering the essential intelligence that our clients rely on day in and day out to make the decisions that matter. Our entire organization come from all walks of life and all corners of the globe, but they are all committed to the exact same thing-making a genuine impact with the work that they do.
We pursue excellence in everything we do. We value results, encourage teamwork and embrace change. Our team is responsible for the design, architecture, develop, and implement client Facing API’s to offer users the ability to programmatically access our extensive datasets on demand in a fast, secure access.
The Xpressfeed team has a broad and expert knowledge on Market Intelligence data domains, technology stacks and architectural patterns. They foster knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified strategy. All DMS & Marketplace team members provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value.
As a member of the Xpressfeed Team, you will be responsible for analysis, design, architecture, development and support of enterprise applications. The ideal candidate should have expertise with cutting edge technologies and a desire to drive change through all alignment across the enterprise. The role requires the candidate to be a hands-on problem solver and developer helping to extend and manage the platforms. You will be an expert contributor and part of the S&P Market Intelligence DMS & Marketplace team.
What’s in it for you:
- Exposure to work on Latest cutting edge Technologies.
- Opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
- Exposure to AWS Cloud Native solutions.
- Defining architecture, selection of tools, and implementation of the target architecture, including server architecture to serverless and containers platforms, CI/CD pipeline, service catalog integration, DevOps automation, and micro-service platform.
- Leveraging expert hands-on knowledge to design and direct the delivery of key platform, automation and governance features
- Collaborating with business division architects to specify and document solutions and practices
- Developing and maintaining target state architecture and reference implementations
- Specifying and reviewing application solutions in collaboration with divisional architects
- Explore best of breed Industry tools and products to manage with ease a multi account AWS environment.
Success in this role requires:
- Hands on experience and knowledge of AWS including scaled multi-region deployments; Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux; AWS Service Catalog and other service governance features; tagging frameworks, infrastructure as code using Python, and/or related experience.
- Earning respect with senior developers and architects across a diverse organization in the midst of a cloud migration with aggressive delivery targets; healthy appreciation of Conway’s Law
- Driving optimization of the enterprise application portfolio around public and private landing zones, using a target state architecture for infrastructure and application patterns focused on microservices and cloud-native deployments Having a start-up and innovative approach
- Work closely with cyber security team to monitor the organization’s cloud policy.
What We’re Looking For:
- 11+ Years of experience in technical leadership roles for enterprise-scale application architecture and delivery.
- Current technical knowledge and experience, including hands-on professional level experience with AWS, Big Data, Kubernetes, Ansible, git, Jenkins, JavaEE, Python, Linux, container and microservices infrastructure such as container service registries, service discovery , API Gateway , Circuit Breaker or similar, SD-* automation.
- AWS Professional level certifications, or equivalent professional experience.
- A Java full stack development with exposure to Microservices, AWS & Big Data technologies.
- 5 plus years of object-oriented software development experience developing server side components in a near real-time large-scale enterprise environment
- 5 plus years of SOA development experience with strong skills in Spring Boot, Web Services (SOAP & RESTful), Spring Data, Spring JDBC, JMS & Hibernate.
- Hands on with Weblogic application server Proficient in building applications using API Gateway.
- Proficient in building applications using serverless frameworks and containers using Dockers and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Scala, Hive, EMR & Data bricks.
- Extensive in-depth experience with relational databases like Postgres , SQL Server 14/17 & Oracle 12c
- Hands on Exposure SQL Server , Oracle 12C, SQL and PL/SQL, SQL optimization and related tools
- Hands on Exposure on data models and data architecture
- Extensive In-depth knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL including tuning.
- Extensive In-depth knowledge of Data Modeling, Database design and performance tuning
- Experience with SQL Project deployment.
- Good understanding of data models and data architecture
- Experience with Continuous integration and deployment tools like Jenkins.
- Usage of Eclipse IDE and GitHub for source code management and development
- Good understanding and usage of JSON Java Libraries, XML Java libraries, Linux scripting and developing Unix shell scripts
- Experience with Test Tools such as SOAPUI, JMeter, Postman and be able to create Junit Test cases, Performance testing, Load testing
- Experience supporting production environments
- Expert knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
- Experience working with cross functional teams.
- Detail oriented with ability to take Initiative and proactively address problems
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Manage work to hit critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable.
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Job date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 08:49:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!