Job title: Data Engineer
Company: AMDOCS LTD
Job description: Job ID: 99390
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains Big data software applications/systems both in on-premise and cloud environment.
What will your job look like?
Min. Bachelor’s degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent.
Work with business teams and data analysts to understand business requirements.
Design and Development of Big Data solutions using Spark Databricks to support efficient data analytic models: Create Derived and Business ready Datasets, Extracts and system integration with open source tools.
Take ownership of tasks and proactively identify and communicate any potential issues/risks and impacts.
Analyze, design and support various change requests/fast-track requirements, also understand and adopt rapid changing business requirements.
All you need is…
· Min. Bachelor’s degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent. ·
· 1.5 -3.5 years total experience in development mainly around (Databricks/Spark/Hadoop)
· Proficiency in Databricks/ Spark 2.x applications in Scala or Python.
· 1+ years of Experience in developing applications in the Azure/AWS Cloud environment.
· Experience in Cloud migration project is a plus.
· Hands on experience in Hadoop around all the Hadoop ecosystem tools like Hive, Pig, HBASE.
· Experience with Streaming on Kafka, Kinesis with Spark Streaming or Storm is a plus.
· Experience with developing applications using Apach NiFi is a plus.
· Hadoop/Spark/Java/ Azure certifications is an plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication – to communicate with Development and Project Management Leadership.
· Excellent collaboration and team work skills to work within AMDOCS, Client and other 3rd party vendors.
Why you will love this job:
· You will work on large challenging and complex programs.
· You will be able to work with the best and brightest minds to collaborate across accounts/regions to provide a single voice.
· You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies including Cloud.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Thu, 07 Jan 2021 07:11:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!