Job title: Data Scientist 1
Job description: Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary: We’re looking for a data-driven, outcome-focused, and high performing Data Scientist to join our Global Collections Strategy team. Data Scientists in the team apply their analytical and technical skills to derive actionable intelligence. They analyze customer behavioral patterns to recommend business strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Collection efforts. They collaborate with Technology and Operations partners in developing innovative and personalized experience based on the most effective channels and treatments to optimize customer experience.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide analytical insights by analyzing various types of data, including mining our customer data, review of relevant cases/samples, and incorporation of feedback from teammates.
- Work closely with business partners and stakeholders to determine how to design analysis, testing, and measurement approaches that will significantly improve our ability to understand and address emerging business issues.
- Produce intelligent, scalable, and automated solutions by leveraging Data Science skills.
- Work closely with Technology teams on development of new capabilities to define requirements and priorities based on data analysis and business knowledge.
- Developing expertise in specific areas by leading analytical projects independently, while setting goals, providing benefit estimations, defining workflows, and coordinating timelines in advance.
- Providing updates to leadership, peers and other stakeholders that will simplify and clarify complex concepts and the results of analyses effectively with emphasis on the actionable outcomes and impact to business.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Analytics, or Data Science
- 3+ years of professional experience in solving problems using data-driven approach
- High proficiency in SQL. Experience with Python, R, Unix, Hadoop
- Collections and Digital Channels experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills and excellent follow-through
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High emotional intelligence, a can-do mentality and a creative approach to problem solving
- Experience with working in a technology environment
Travel Percent: 0
Primary Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at .
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Fri, 08 Jan 2021 23:51:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!