Job title: Data Scientist
Company: Doji Ltd
Job description: In Doji, we are building the next generation marketplace and setting new standards for e-commerce buyers and sellers worldwide.
We are a UK based tech start-up, founded by three passionate entrepreneurs with a track record of building and exiting successful ventures.
We’ve just been through our seed funding round and we’re excited to build this world-class team that is going to reshape the way people buy and sell consumer goods.
Be part of this revolution as one of our early hires!
We have a challenge for those who:
- Live and breath entrepreneurship and are constantly pushing the boundaries to innovate and inspire others.
- Are high performers and deliver impact in everything, everyday.
- Are motivated by the mission of wowing and setting new standards for customers.
- Love team play and strive to build and develop great teams
- Believes that success should be pursued responsibly.
Imagine yourself innovating in dynamic and challenging projects.
- Perform exploratory and statistical analyses to understand and predict our customer behaviours, identify bottlenecks, and answer critical business questions.
- Build and deploy scalable machine learning models and oversee their performance against KPIs.
- Forecast our users’ conversion, engagement, and churn with rigorous statistical models
- Build overall data capability of our organisation by performing complex data processing, building data pipelines and developing data products which can be directly used by our business users such as marketing and product teams
Following are the mandatory skills & experience requirements for this role:
- Been a data scientist for 2+ years in a commercial set-up
- Direct experience in performing statistical analyses or building a variety of machine learning models from complex, specialised or large data pools.
- Passion for understanding user behaviour and building solutions to optimise customer experience and growth.
- Demonstrated competency with unsupervised machine learning algorithms (k-means clustering, isolation forests etc.) and / or supervised algorithms (logistic regression, SVM, Random Forests, GBM etc.)
- Direct experience using programming languages such as Python or R for statistical and/or numeric computing
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (maths, statistics, econometrics etc.) or computer science
Although the following requirements are not mandatory, however we would strongly prefer candidates with this skill and experience.
- We would prefer someone who also has experience in: data engineering, building data pipelines and cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Experience with additional programming languages used for data processing such as SQL, Hive, PySpark, Scala etc.
- Experience with consumer retail or e-commerce data
- Postgraduate degree in a quantitative discipline or computer science
- Be part of a start-up with an entrepreneurial mindset that thinks big, with a long-term vision.
- Be the owner of your own development in an environment that is full of opportunities, learning, growth, expansion and challenging projects.
- Share and learn with the team, amongst great professionals and experts.
- An excellent work environment, with everything that you need to enjoy a great experience
Since this role will be ‘Remote’ (e.g. home office) during the initial stages, you will be responsible to ensure proper working conditions (computer and related equipment, reliable internet connection, etc) and availability during normal business working hours. As per business needs, you could be asked to work from an office based office location in the future.
In Doji, we work hard to promote a culture of inclusiveness and diversity that seeks equality and values from different perspectives. We believe in building trust and fairness amongst people and making a positive impact on the environment.
Should you require reasonable adjustments throughout the hiring process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Expected salary: Rs.500000 – 2000000 per year
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 23:24:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!