Job title: Data Scientist
Company: Thomson Reuters
Job description: Office No.13, B1, Galaxy Signature, Science City Road, Ahmedabad- 380060, Gujarat, India | +91 79-29706737 | [email protected] | highq.com
Registered in the India. CIN: U72501GJ2018FTC100656. © HighQ (INDIA) Private Limited. All rights reserved 2018.
HighQ is a leading provider of cloud-based enterprise collaboration and publishing software. We provide
innovative social software to some of the world’s leading law firms, investment banks and corporations.
We work in close collaboration with our clients to develop innovative products that solve real business
problems, reduce costs, build deeper client relationships and help gain a competitive advantage.
Position Data scientist
Range of Experience 2 to 5 years
Technology Machine learning, NLP, text mining, JAVA and related
Designation Data scientist
Knowledge & Skill
- Extremely strong skills in Machine learning, NLP or information retrieval skills.
- Proficiency in machine learning algorithms such as multi-class classifications, entity extraction, clustering
- Experience with NLP libraries like core NLP, mallet, deeplearning4j, etc
- Fluency in deep learning framework: TensorFlow / Keras
- Extremely strong technical skills in one or more coding frameworks, database work, distributed
computing, and product prototyping as like the following: JVM hosted language like Java, parallelization
strategies and scripting language such as Python.
- Solid relational database skills
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services
- Have experience with GIT, Bit bucket, AGILE SCRUM development process Roles & Responsibilities
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Able to handle large quantities of data without drowning in it
- The ability to tell a story about data, in particular with visualization.
- Strong sense of algorithm: can think rigorously, anticipate how to handle common problems such as
missing data, able to build re-usable modules of code that can be understood by peers.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills. Able to respond and present work to peers,
answer in-depth questions, accept constructive feedback, and modify work product accordingly.
- Define, manipulate, aggregate and use both structured and unstructured “big data” in order to
support descriptive and predictive analytics across the businesses.
- Collaborate with scientists, product groups and content groups to perform “big data” aggregations,
symbology mapping, and manipulations of important datasets.
- Perform statistical (and machine learned) analyses on data to serve business purposes.
- Narrate stories (sometimes to a non-technical audience) about our content and processes by data
analysis and visualization.
- Define and develop software for the analysis and manipulation of large and very large datasets.
- Guide the architecture of “big-data” business processes with an eye towards robustness, parsimony
and reproducibility (at senior levels).
- Becoming an expert at certain domains of knowledge and particular tools/techniques.
© HighQ Solutions Ltd. 2018.
- Uses multiple approaches to get un-stuck when research progress slows down.
- Able to quickly spot and correct more subtle errors in data and analyses.
- Ensures that results are reproducible, correct and actionable.
- Can spot data quality issues with an ability to spot data, pipeline and model problems.
- Learning how to deal with typical challenges —finding data sources, lining them up, dealing with
any entitlements issues, keeping product managers on board, working closely with developers to
speed up the development and quality assurance process, writing coherent and clear whitepapers
and research notes.
- Developing relationships with peers in analytics across the company.
Must Have Skills
1) NLP, text classification and entity extraction
4) Machine learning
5) Deep learning, Neural networks
7) Data structure
8) RESTful web services
9) Excellent problem-solving skills with a history
of superb delivery against assigned tasks
Good to Have Skills
2) Exposure of Agile and scrum software development
3) “Self-starter” attitude and ability to make decisions
Education MS or (ideally) PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer
Science or other quantitative hard or a quantitative
social or hard science with a “data-science” orientation
to coursework and focus.
Prepared by Rushik Parikh
Date 3rd March 2021
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .
Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Job date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 02:05:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!