Job title: Data Scientist Associate CIB Wholesale Payments Data and Analytics
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: J.P. Morgan s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader in Banking. The world s corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank supports our clients around the world providing strategic advice, raising capital and managing risk.
J.P. Morgan Wholesale Payments is one of the world’s largest providers of treasury management and merchant services. Wholesale Payments sits at the intersection of finance and technology and is one of the largest players (processing $6 trillion of payments a day) in an industry undergoing a major transformation. Merchant Services is the global payment acceptance and merchant acquiring business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud management and data security solutions, capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies. The company s proprietary platforms provide integrated commerce solutions for all major credit and debit card payments as well as mobile payments. Merchant Services has uniquely combined proven payment technology with a long legacy of merchant advocacy that creates quantifiable value for ecommerce companies. Merchant Services is the #1 Merchant Acquirer Worldwide, based on volume, by The Nilson Report in April 2016.
The Wholesale Payments Data and Analytics team is responsible for defining and executing the multi-year global analytics strategy and roadmap. We are a new and rapidly growing team of change agents inside J.P. Morgan. We are data scientists, design strategists, and business leaders creating and building data products that transform the way we and our clients do business – balancing the art of decision making with science. What we build matters and will have huge impact; our products and solutions will reach thousands of our clients around the world, and affect how J.P. Morgan does business, moving trillions of dollars a day.
New technologies, analytics and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. You will be at the leading edge inside the company driving change.
The Data Scientist Associate role is responsible for executing big data analytics projects in response to product innovation for Merchant Services. Tangible output of the programs are payments insights that drive optimization of authorization, chargeback and cost of payments for large merchants as well as deep consumer and business insights. As the analytics mature, these insights can be productized into products for merchants ( insights as a service ).
The right candidate for this position is of course highly proficient with managing complex data sets, using modern statistical and data exploration practices and creating insightful visualizations (especially SQL on Hadoop, Tableau, python). But you are also curious and creative, having the ability to organize stakeholder problems into clear business objectives for which you can create analytics solutions that deliver immediate value. You have a strong desire to get your ideas off the drawing board, preferring to quickly develop prototypical solutions that you can hone and improve in collaboration with team mates and stakeholders. You re comfortable reaching out to subject matter experts to build your business knowledge and grow your understanding of pain points that represent analytic opportunities. You love a big challenge and are willing to learn new skills if needed to get the job done. And you re excited to develop subject matter expertise in a world-class payments organization and help develop the innovative analytics for the future of end-to-end payment optimization.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and plan analytic projects through understanding the business objectives in the team strategy roadmap
- Develop robust analysis and deliverable plans to support clear and shared understanding of project requirements and goals
- Develop the data, queries, tables and visualizations that deliver insight both as an individual contributor and in collaboration with team mates
- Through deep subject matter expertise, create actionable recommendations to merchants on how to optimize their payment performance
- Synthesize data sets to craft actionable consumer insights that support merchant growth agendas
- Productionalize Tableau dashboards for resilience and the functionality users need
- Bring your creative solutions to the firm s biggest problems: where could our existing solutions do better
- In conjunction with data owners and department managers, contribute to the development of data models for future analytics and platforms
- Collaborate with unit managers, end users, development staff, and other stakeholders to understand the business value of each analytic effort
- Apply quality assurance best practices for analytics services and support user feedback and questions
- Adhere to change control and testing processes for modifications to code and products
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor s or Master s degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics or similar technical or quantitative field
- 5+ years of working in a big data environment as a contributing member in self-directed roles
- Deep experience across a range of database and business intelligence tools (especially SQL on Hadoop (Hive, Impala), Tableau and python);
- Expertise in quantitative research techniques and analytics using R, python or MATLAB
- Knowledge of ML/AI packages like scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Demonstrated ability to distill KPIs and other performance metrics from data
- Ability to perform rapid prototyping in Tableau
- Intensive, recent experience in assessing and sourcing data, optimizing data structure and managing database query performance
- Experience with Ctrl-M processes and QA/unit testing best practices
- Ability to clearly develop and document analytic requirements with stakeholders
- Experience in the payments industry and/or technology-enabled industries is desirable
- Strong aptitude for technical concepts and ideas
- High achievement orientation with ability to motivate others around results
- Ability to work well within deadlines
- Executive presence and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work across functions as well as with outside parties to ensure alignment and timely implementation of initiatives
- Proven strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills with ability to translate strategy into deliverables
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Build trust-based relationships; we succeed as a team
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work across functions as well as with outside parties to ensure alignment and timely implementation of initiatives
- Think creatively and contribute ideas at all levels of project development
- Have the ability and willingness to learn new things
- Meet deadlines and communicate obstacles to delivery as soon as they become known
- Demonstrate effective and confident presentation skills
- Be results oriented and have great attention to detail
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Job date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 23:31:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!