Job title: Data Scientist – Head of Analytics
Company: The Luxury Closet
Job description: We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research. The position would ultimately be given the responsibility to lead the analytics team at the luxury closet.
Your goal will be to help our company analyze trends to make better decisions.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Gather customer research insight, competitive environment analysis, industry trends and current product data to define a differentiated product vision that delivers unique value
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g., statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or another quantitative field is preferred
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Advanced English knowledge (B1 or above)
About us The Luxury Closet is a company born in Dubai, the heart of luxury in the Arabian peninsula, where we are redefining the world of luxury. We seek to challenge the norms, and build a company that inspires the smart modern day luxury consumer. In Dubai, we have learnt to dream big, think far, and do what no one thought possible. The Luxury Closet embodies these ideals, and aims to build an iconic brand and company that will connect luxury connoisseurs, and change the future of luxury shopping. Our mission is to be the leading marketplace for luxury shoppers in the GCC region. We will build a destination that has world class customer experience, differentiated technology and operational performance, and exceptional reach into the closets of the region. We were ranked as the Top 100 Startups Globally by Red Herring in 2016 and Top 4 Startups in UAE by Forbes Magazine, however, we care less for accolades, than our NPS.
Some facts about The Luxury Closet
- TLC was ranked as Top 100 startups in Arab World by World Economic Forum
- TLC focuses on resale of perfect condition items from high end brands like LV, Hermes, Rolex from sellers across Middle East, which globally has the highest per capita spend on luxury.
- Founded in 2012, it has expanded rapidly and delivered robust growth. TLC direct-to-consumer sales in MENA represent 60% of revenues and overwhelmingly extends to 40% from Asia to The USA.
- Resale has proved to be a Resilient and High growth Business Model, with TLC’s sales growing nearly 100% YOY
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Fri, 08 Jan 2021 23:55:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!