Job title: Engineer, Application Development
Company: Colt Technology Services
Job description: Colt provides network, voice and data centre services to thousands of businesses around the world, allowing them to focus on delivering their business goals instead of the underlying infrastructure.
Role title: Engineer/Sr. Engineer, Application Development
Colt Level: PT2
Reports to: Manager, Application Development
Resource is required to work on the projects like OMP, Online Enhancement, Voice on Demand. These projects are having constant development in multiple iterations and the resources is needed to understand the architecture, currently most of the team members are SOW and may leave in some time, hence application knowledge is critical. Ensure business requirement understood and the iterations are delivered within committed timelines.
- Person should be technically strong in both front end and backend technologies like
- Spring, Spring Boot (MVC/JDBC/Security), hibernate, AngularJS, BootStrap,
- Sound RDBMS skills on SQL/Oracle
- Should know how to work with Maven, SVN and have deployment related knowledge on Application servers like Jboss, Apache Tomcat.
- Must have good communication skills and able to interact with the Client/Business.
- Should be able to do documentation (Design Doc/HLD/LLD/Flow Diagram)
- Should be a team player
Other accountabilities (optional)
- Ensure adherence to development standards
Key performance indicators (financial and non-financial)
- Number of enhancements
- Number of defects per enhancement
- Number of projects delivered
Relationships and key contacts
- Business Automation
- Product and Technology
Role specific requirements
Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in Java, J2EE projects.
- Knowledge and ability to follow SDLC as well as Agile methodologies
- Experience in standard operating procedures to perform pre and post production support activities
- Good verbal and presentation skills
- Good written communications skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Certifications in the following will be a plus
- Ability to perform under pressure, handling interruptions and changes without losing productivity.
- Meet deadlines and demonstrate problem solving skills
- Be aware of Colt information security, business continuity, quality and other ISO or equivalent policies/ industry standards and discharge duties against them as appropriate.
- Identify risks related to process and information security and treat/ mitigate the same as appropriate
What we offer:
Colt is a growing business that is investing in its people. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
- Free drinks and fresh fruits
- public transport allowance
- option of parking slots in the city
- lunch vouchers
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 05:08:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!