Job title: Lead Data Scientist – AI, ML Engineer – Multiple Locations
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Job description: Are you a talented Software DevOPs Engineer looking for that next big plunge? Do you want to develop software using cutting edge technology in a high-impact environment? Do you want to work alongside a highly talented team of engineers to solve real-world problems? Perfect, you are at the right place!
Apply with us, accelerate your career like never before!
Who we are?
Optum Global Solutions (OGS) part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is a global health care IT and business process solutions leader.
Established in 2006, OGS is firmly positioned as a leading health care solutions provider with industry-leading growth, a mature services portfolio and the highest number of global resources dedicated to health care (40,000+ employees). We have a strong global footprint and continue to expand our presence in new geographies by expanding capabilities and leveraging talent pools. Through our delivery network, Optum has access to scalable, high quality talent and infrastructure across the globe.
What makes us stand apart?
- Impact on millions of people through constant innovation
- Ability to produce your life’s best work through your passion and relentless commitment
- We are drive – to make the most of our collective resources, and to create better outcomes and healthier lives for those we serve – because we believe there is always
A Better Way to Care | A Better Way to Think | A Better Way to Succeed
The roles in the Software Engineering job function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs. These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery.
Our mission depends on hiring the best and the brightest. We need high performers and risk-takers with curious minds who have compassion for the world around them. From the role standpoint, we are looking at candidates passionate about technology and problem solving, foresighted towards future capabilities with the ability to apply cutting edge technology in new and innovative ways.
We develop highly advanced machine learning models based on billions of data points available across multiple systems. These models are tested and are implemented in production on both on prem and cloud based infra structures. The models can vary from core ML to Deep learning and NLP, with a wide variety of performance metrics that need to be reported to clients using a variety of BI tools, according to their requirements.
What will this role entail? We have it answered!
- Gather and analyze business requirements and transform it into a specific data science problem
- Undertake business specific and research projects, with the goal of transforming healthcare
- Develop tools, techniques and theories to facilitate ongoing research activities of an organization
- Use predictive and prescriptive analytics tools to forecast what might happen using probabilities and confidence levels
- Maintain latest knowledge of existing and emerging scientific principles/theories/techniques and applies them to identify and develop innovative solutions, products and projects
- Contribute to the body of research within and/or outside the organization within area of expertise
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- BE/B Tech/MS/MCA/MSc (full time only) in Computer Science or related area
- Around 8-10 years of experience
- Minimum 6 – 8 + years of hands on experience along with in-depth knowledge in Machine Learning and data science
- Experience in exploratory analysis, statistical modeling for predictive analytics
- Proficient in R, Python, H2O, Mahout, Spark-MLlib, Databases and Visualization tools, etc.
- Proficiency with agile or lean development practices
- Understanding for data, schema, data model, machine learning and how to bring efficiency in big data related life cycle
- Strong object-oriented design and analysis skills
- Certification from any of the three major cloud platforms (AWS / Azure / GCP) in Cloud Architecture / Engineering / DevOps
- Love to architect and build infrastructure in the cloud
- Service-oriented and help the engineering team to develop, deploy and maintain our products with ease
- Believe in continuous learning, sharing best practices, encouraging and elevating less experienced colleagues as they learn
- Strong commitment to development best practices and code reviews.
- Ability to take on substantial responsibilities from the first day and the opportunity to directly shape our full CI/CD+ infrastructure
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Job Keywords: Lead Data Scientist, AI Engineer, ML Engineer, Hyderabad, Machine Learning, Data Science, Telangana, TG, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, UP, Gurgaon, Haryana, HR, Bangalore, Karnataka, KA
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 22:08:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!