Job title: Machine Learning Lead / Data Scientist
Company: Morgan Stanley
Job description: Position Description for Machine Learning Lead / Data Scientist
The Technology & Operations Risk (TOR) organization at Morgan Stanley has the following mission: Deliver first-line defenses to manage risks to Firm technology and information, and to manage cyber threats through risk identification, control management and assurance. This allows the business to operate and grow in a secure and legally-compliant manner. Our vision is to deliver Programs that protect and enable the business, ensure secure delivery of services to our clients, adjust to address the risks presented by an evolving threat landscape, meet regulatory expectations, and offer highly attractive career opportunities.
The Access management (AM) Wealth Management (WM), team which falls under TOR, provides solutions that span all aspects of entitlement management. This includes change management during employee lifecycle events, entitlement reviews, provisioning, de-provisioning, auditing, reporting and Adoption of applications & enterprise roles using both in-house custom products and vendor products. This applies primarily to Wealth Management Business Units.
The AM WM team is driving an aggressive program of change, which will see the implementation of a unified self-service portal, role-oriented reviews and provisioning for various businesses, repositories, and use cases.
Candidate will be working hands-on on analytical projects with big data development and be responsible for project delivery, execution and support. Candidate should be able to work in a dynamic environment with limited or no supervision and should be able to motivate junior team members. Should be comfortable and manage time working with global team on multiple initiatives. Candidate should be able to extract, explore, mine and experiment with data to answer critical business problems. While uncovering insights and identifying patterns are necessary, candidate is expected to have strong programming skills in Python, Spark/MLlib, SQL, Hadoop, Hive/Pig, and ETL techniques.
Daily tasks include but not limited to:
– Strong focus on designing and architecting high performing and scalable enterprise solutions.
– Taking ownership of implementing the Machine Learning Models in Python, PySpark and other related technology, including doing hands on development activities.
– Develop, test, implement and maintain application in the related version control tool and adhere to the best practices for code check-in and checkout.
– Develop unit test cases for the code developed and execute thorough testing before promoting the code to higher environments
– Taking ownership of implementing coding best practices and adhering to industry standard code quality.
-Support deployment activities for QA and Production and resolve issue if any during the process
-Fix defects arising from QA testing and Post production implementation
-Maintain Jira stories for every requirement and update based on the work completed
-Collaborating with other IT, QA and Production Management teams to ensure smooth end to end delivery.
– Highlighting project and delivery risks proactively and offering mitigation options accordingly.
– Abiding by Tech & Data Policies, Procedures, and SDLC/PLC requirements.
– Support the BAU process for Access management include all of above
Reporting to: VP of WM Access management team. This team is responsible for the development and maintenance of ML models used extensively across Access Controls and processes, the analytics and insights help to control the risk and scrutinize users access to applications on the Wealth Management Financial Advisor platform. ,
– 8+ years of prior Technical lead Experience
– 4-6 years of working across Analytics & Machine Learning domain
– Proficiency in machine learning and data mining techniques Feature engineering, regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction, time series analysis etc.
– Extensive experience in Data Analysis – Skilled in uncovering insights and identifying patterns
– Proven experience in Neural Network implementation CNN s and RNN s
– Proven experience in implementing models using Python/PySpark
– Good understanding of Statistics.
– Must have strong SQL experience
– Expertise in handling large data volumes in distributed systems
– Strong command over Big Data technologies Hadoop, Hive, Impala
– Good experience in Linux-based Environment
– Ability to work in fast paced and dynamic environment.
– Excellent Communication and presentation skills
– Experience working with global teams.
– Understanding of various Visualization platforms (Tableau, Qlikview, others)
– Experience with Scala will be a big plus.
– Experience of developing Data Pipeline for ML Applications
– Exposure to NLP and Text mining
– Access Management domain knowledge
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 08:22:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!