Job title: Manager – Operations
Job description: Manager – Operations
Job Description – BigData Engineering Services
Manager – Operations
Function, Responsibility Level: Manager – Operations
Reports to (Responsibility Level): SDL
People Manager role
Cost Center (85 series):
PID/s Load Mapping:
A Big Data Engineer who will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data. Transforming the data using Bigdata tools. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
- Ingesting huge volumes data from various platforms for Analytics needs.
- Building and Implementing ETL process developed using Big data tools such as Spark (scala/python), Hbase, Apache Solr, Kafka, Nifi etc.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Defining data security principals and policies using Ranger and Kerberos.
- Works with IT and business customers to develop and design requirements to formulate technical design.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Leads and motivates project team members that are not direct reports, as well as providing work direction to lower-level staff members
- Skills to understand the right functional domain knowledge of the business to be able to gather right requirements for the design.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 10+ years of solutions development experience
- Overall experience 14 Plus years
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Experience in building a DataLake using BigData Ecosystems.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Proficiency and extensive experience in HDFS, Hive, Spark, Hbase, Solr, Pig, Flume, Kafka etc.
- Solid background of Scala programming for data ingestion and data transformation using spark/spark streaming.
- Experience in building efficient Hbase designs using variant data sources.
- Extensively worked on storing, searching and indexing using Apache Lucene/Solr 6+ or 7v, and optimizing the Reponses.
- Analytical skills to analyze situations and come to optimal and efficient solution based on requirements.
- Performance tuning and problem solving skills is a must.
- Unix shell scripting
- SQL & NOSQL tuning and DW concepts.
Other Requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training – if required)
- Experience in NoSQL
- Experience in GraphDB i.e. Titan or Janus or Neo4J
- Experience in handling high volume streaming data.
- Strong experience in handling multiple technical challenges on BigData platform.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are ranked #44 on the Fortune 500 list for 2019. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Job date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 06:32:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!