Job title: Principal Data Scientist
Company: Philips Lighting India Limited
Job description: Job TitlePrincipal Data Scientist Job Description
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive while working in a fast-paced company. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career while transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
We re on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
We re looking for a Principal Data Scientist to work on machine learning, data mining, and statistical modeling for providing predictive and prescriptive enterprise analytics. Successful candidates will be expected to lead a team of Data Scientists, investigate state of the art techniques in advanced machine learning and statistical modeling, and design, develop, and deploy state-of-art, scalable systems for innovative analytics applications across various functional areas (e.g. Finance, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, etc.). Applicants will be expected to work with a diverse set of data sources, such as time series data, graph data, semi-structured and unstructured data, and build statistical/machine-learning models in support of on-demand, real-time analytic services. The applicant should also have strong skills in explaining the analytic models and outcomes to business stakeholders.
You ll be part of the Signify s Enterprise Information Management Advanced Analytics team, based in Bangalore
What you ll do
- Lead, guide and advice a team of Data Scientists
- Be overall responsible for all the Data Science related deliverables
- Research, design and prototype robust and scalable models based on machine learning, data mining, and statistical modeling to answer key business problems
- Build tools and support structures needed to analyze data, perform elements of data cleaning, feature selection and feature engineering and deliver projects in conjunction with best practices
- Work with development teams & business groups to ensure models can be implemented as part of a delivered solution and can be replicated across multiple markets / countries
- Present findings to stakeholders to drive improvements and solutions from concept through to delivery
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the field by continuous learning and proactively champion promising new methods relevant to the problems at hand
What you ll need
- PhD / Masters / B.Tech in computer science, computer engineering with 10 years of demonstrated experience in the Advanced Analytics / Machine Learning field
- Demonstrated history of driving and delivering analytics models and solutions
- Deep knowledge of fundamentals of machine learning, data mining and statistical modeling, and extensive experience applying these methods to real world problems
- Strong skills in software prototyping and engineering with expertise in applicable programming and analytics languages (Python, R, SQL) and various open source machine learning and analytics packages. Good knowledge of SAP Datahub is highly desired
- Ability and inclination to work in multi-disciplinary environments, and desire to see ideas realize in practice
What you ll get in return
- Opportunity to work on some of the highly complex and challenging business problems across a variety of functional domains and consumer markets
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
We re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees! ,
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 08:33:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!