Job title: Principal Engineering Manager
Job description: Together is better. Imagine the possibilities when we infuse collaboration in the very core of a powerful application like Microsoft Word – and join us to build the technologies to do exactly that!
People use Word to share ideas, discuss them, and turn them into reality. Now more than ever, we need tools that make it intuitive and fluid to work together, from near and far. By incorporating cutting edge technologies such as the Fluid Framework, we will shape the next generation of collaborative work across desktop, mobile applications, and online services. This includes enriching the current feature set and creating new innovative ways of empowering users to achieve more.
We are searching for a new engineering leader to join the Word team we’re expanding in Noida. We work in a highly collaborative environment where engineers work together to solve problems and strive to make each other great every day. In our design and implementation, we emphasize understanding the customer experience deeply and driving improvements using telemetry and customer feedback. We work hard to ensure that hundreds of millions of people can rely on Word to get their work done. If you can coach and mentor a team of engineers, help them learn and grow, foster in them a culture of inclusion, and lead them to successfully deliver software sprint after sprint, all the while learning how to be a better leader and manager yourself, this might be the job for you.
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of 8-10 engineers so they all learn, grow, and succeed.
- Plan and prioritize work for your team, including collaborating with partner organizations.
- Provide oversight and accountability for technical decisions.
- Work with Program Management counterpart to define and design new features.
- Create an inclusive environment that attracts and retains high-performing engineers.
- Constantly learn and grow as an engineer and an engineering leader.
- Demonstrate a passion for customers and technology.
- 10+ years of industry experience developing commercial software application or services.
- 5+ years of people management experience, exhibiting technical leadership over high performing, agile teams.
- You’ve studied – you have a BS, or MS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- You’ve coded – you are comfortable in object-oriented languages like C#, C++, or Java; you have a solid grasp of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns; and you’ve got a least 8 years of industry experience as a software engineer to prove it. Experience with React or similar UI toolkits preferred.
- You’ve led – you have experience leading a team of engineers by setting clear expectations, keeping team members energized, and delivering great results.
- You collaborate – you can explain your work, you can ask great questions, you can listen to your peers and your customers, you can influence without authority, and you like to give and receive feedback.
- You stay focused – you want to ship software that solves real problems for real people, now.
- You’re a professional – you understand that it’s not enough to write working code. It must also be well-designed, easy to test, and easy to add to over time.
- You’re learning – no matter how much you know, you are always seeking to learn more and to become a better engineer and leader.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Location: New Delhi
Job date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 08:06:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!