Job title: Senior Data Scientist
Job description: Are you a real Machine Learning enthusiast? Does the magic of the data world fascinate you. Here at Microsoft Search we have been working on Machine Learning much before it became cool to do so. Here we are solving real world problems to empower millions of people around the globe.
Microsoft Search powers delightful and relevant experiences for enterprise users to cater to their overall information need. The information can be either enterprise content or public web content and our search product has a single unified view of both the worlds. This unique blend of data helps power new search scenarios and a new search paradigm. The team is working on powering multiple unique search features from the ground up using a blend of compliance aware Machine Learning and Data Mining techniques. Challenges range from deep user intent understanding from queries to training ranking models to get the best results to eyes-off compliant Machine Learning pipelines.
Some of the specific search relevance areas that the team works on include
- Query-EnterpiseUrl ranking
- Enterprise Question Answering System
- Enterprise Semantic Search
- Enterprise AutoSuggestions
- Enterprise Related Searches + People Also Ask
- Enterprise Query Intent Understanding
We are looking for candidates who can help build the next generation Machine Learning system. Candidates are expected to be hands on and working on Query Understanding, ranking and data mining. We work on an agile system with fast experimentation, iteration and ship cycles.
To be a successful candidate, the below qualifications are desired:
- Proficient and hands on experience on building large scale classification models, ranking models, question answering systems
- Proficient and hands on experience on large scale data mining using MAP REDUCE concepts
- Proficient in programming languages like Python, C#
- A focus on detail and being result oriented
- Excellent debugging skills
- Great collaboration working with teams across the globe
- BS degree in CS or Data Science required
Following qualifications would be a plus:
- Masters/PhD in Machine Learning
- Publications in reputed conferences in the area of Machine Learning
- Contributions to open sources Machine Learning packages
We are a fast-paced team with product releases every week. If you are self-motivated and want to make a large impact in Machine Learning then we are looking forward to meeting you!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Job date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 02:37:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!