Job title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Company: S&P Global
Job description: Segment : S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Grade (relevant for internal applicants only): 10
The Location: Gurgaon/Ahmedabad
The Team: The Web Operations & Solution Engineering team under Product Services & Engineering is accountable delivering infrastructure architecture, implementation & deployments on S&P Global MI Cloud & Data Centres in collaboration with S&P Global Digital infrastructure & other Teams from a wide variety of backgrounds. The key area of focus: Infrastructure as Code, Application Architecture, Automation, Project Delivery, Environment Troubleshooting, and Low-Level Design Documentation.
You will be part of a world class Product Services & Engineering team architecting various solutions for business requirements within different product offerings of S&P Global Market Intelligence, used by tens of thousands of users globally. The team is responsible for ensuring cloud solutions that deliver Greater Reliability & Resilience, High Performance, High Availability and Scalability.
You will work with a global team of intelligent and ambitious professionals recruited from top institutions and industries. The team is accountable for understanding business requirements and architecting solutions for cloud delivery of large-scale data processing, aggregation and publishing of market data systems.
The Impact: You will utilize your technical knowledge and analytical skills in architecting and optimizing cloud infrastructure, standardizing technology stack for cloud & data centers, implementing cloud service catalog and service governance solutions, and driving implementation of our cloud first strategy and cloud adoption in partnership with development & business stakeholders.
What’s in it for you:
You will be part of a talented team of engineers in our Solutions Engineering team that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for supporting a large-scale deployment and all underlying systems related to supporting cloud computing workloads and IT project deployment.
Directly accountable towards Web Operations objectives and responsible for team objectives that drives and delivers performance and growth of Infrastructure and Application.
Works on problems of critical and high severity where analysis of problems or application functionality requires a review of a relevant dependency factors across systems, infrastructure, network, application, database, data and protocols.
- Overseeing 100+ web / api applications hosted in windows/linux across multiple data centers and on the cloud.
- Ensuring availability and consistency stability and performance of application performance.
- Participate in critical incident management calls with hands on ability to deep dive into troubleshooting IIS/.NET/ application and Network performance issues.
- Good understanding of load balancing methodologies for hosting multiple web farms.
- Provide 3rd level support for escalations and communicate progress updates to stakeholders on incident resolutions.
- Lead critical projects on software upgrades, middle tier vendor software evaluations for and provide solution for migrations to latest editions.
- Lead problem reviews on SRE principles to maintain stability and resiliency of the platform / applications.
- Coordinate with Development and Tech teams on product roll outs, releases, and critical fixes while coordinating with Performance and QA teams on performance metrics commitment review.
- Coordinate with Tech teams on OS upgrades, vulnerability remediation to ensure audit and compliance.
- Liaise with vendors and smart hands for shared infrastructure upgrades and other IT related dependencies to ensure zero downtime to applications.
- Liaise with business on disaster recover failover and maintenance for corrective measures to ensure consistent infrastructure upgrades.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 6 to 9 years of Site Reliability Engineering ,Production Support of Financial/Banking/Market Data Systems such as Capital IQ, Reuters, Bloomberg, Web hosting solutions.
- Architecture and solution knowledge of MS Windows 2016/2012/Redhat/Cent OS Server.
- Extensive experience with IIS 8.5/7.x + .NET architecture, administration, performance tuning, application monitoring, scalability, stability management.
- 6 + years of hands on support of Web Hosting, Transaction or Business Intelligence Systems with end to end understanding of internet protocols and data flow management.
- Ability to diagnose critical issues relating to IIS 7.x + .NET or Apache/Tomcat + J2EE installation, build and configuration on Windows or Linux based system that hosts business critical applications.
- Experience in load-balancing and high-availability planning with BigIP, Windows Clustering, NLB.
- Clear understanding of networking technologies (Routers, load balancers, firewalls, switches, etc)
- Knowledge on Internet/File/Data protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, CIFS, etc.
- Solid scripting skills on any 2 of these following shell scripts, Perl, PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Understanding with any identity management systems such as (SAML/OAuth2/OIDC), MFA, etc.
- Ability to perform IIS 7.x + .NET or Apache/Tomcat + J2EE installation, WCF, CLR, ADO.NET, or Apache/Tomcat + J2EE/ JVM, build and configuration on Windows or Linux based systems.
- Experience with one or more RDBMS Knowledge SQL Server is a plus.
- Conceptual understanding of AWS technologies: VPC, EC2, EKS, ELB, RDS, Lambda, SES, SNS, Containers, API Gateway, Docker, Kubernetes, VMware.
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, key management, encryption, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- CI/CD delivery using configuration management tools such as GitHub, VSTS, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Delivery using modern methodologies especially SAFe Agile, Lean, etc.
- Experience with monitoring solutions, such as: ELK, Nagios, SCOM, Gomez, CatchPoint, etc.
- Experience working with large scale IT projects related to design, deployment and configuration.
Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Hands on supporting multi-tiered web application architecture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Application Support / Site Reliability Engineering professionals with architecture background.
- Worked in Market Data Systems such as Capital IQ, Reuters, Bloomberg, Web hosting solutions.
- Proficient with system development lifecycle (SDLC), Agile, Test- driven methodologies.
- Good experience in delivering infrastructure solutions across multiple data centers and cloud.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 256320
Posted On: 2021-01-12
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana – Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Job date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 01:13:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!