Job title: Senior Lead Software Engineer
Company: Data Direct Networks
Job description: Based in Silicon Valley, Tintri is a wholly owned subsidiary of DataDirect Networks (DDN), the data-at-scale powerhouse and world’s largest privately held storage company. Tintri solutions serve the needs of enterprise data centres with intelligent infrastructure. Our product portfolio includes advanced technologies from Tintri (acquired September 2018), Nexenta (acquired May 2019), and IntelliFlash (acquired from Western Digital November 2019). This portfolio offers a fresh choice and a new experience to elevate your user experiences through automation, analytic insight, and tight integration with application workflows for your enterprise applications, including mission-critical databases and business applications, virtualization, and flexible software defined solutions. Learn more about the Tintri portfolio of solutions at
Tintri is looking for motivated and passionate individuals that are self-motivated in their work and careers but we are valuing and thriving in an environment where collaboration and teamwork are at best. We are all together on a quest to provide game changing storage solutions.
We are looking for a Software Engineer for our RED Tintri Storage engineering team who will participate in the design, build and deliver of data protection solutions for DDN RED software storage product:
- Implement critical distributed storage components including file system network protocols, storage optimization features and high availability services.
- Implement heath checking tools definition and implementation providing solutions for data consistency, data replication and media continuous sniff testing.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Drive design discussions, build prototypes and contribute to deliver high quality products;
- Design and implement complex and critical distributed storage components including file system network protocols, storage optimization features and high availability services;
- Conduct code reviews and improve scalability, stability, reliability and performance of RED product support solutions;
- Collaborate with your teammates and integrate a group of passionate developers in an outcome oriented environment;
- Adopt Agile practices and support appropriate technical meetings/scrums and message progress/status/concerns;
- Providing regular reports on your project progress to team members and supervisors.
- BS/MS/Ph.D in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent degree/experience.
- 5+ years of experience years of software development experience with file systems, server architectures and distributed systems.
- Experience in developing and debugging at system level C/C++, particularly for Linux/UNIX computing environments.
- Experience on system deployment on premise or cloud for Enterprise solutions
- Understands all or some of IB and high performance Ethernet, tcp and socket programming, libfabrics, virtualisation for datastores, data storage, file systems.
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality deliverables.
- Strong team player with good communication skills and should be self-starter.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to independently prioritize, multitask, and work under deadlines in a fast paced environment.
DDN Core Characteristics
DDN has a very strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
Self-Starter – Takes independent action to identify and solve problems. Seeks out relevant information needed to make decisions. Gets involved with new initiatives.
Success/Achievement Orientation – Delivers quality results consistently. Targets, achieves (or exceeds) measurable results. Sets challenging goals, focuses on critical priorities, and is accountable.
Problem Solving – Recognizes problems and responds with a systematic assessment that identifies and addresses cause of issue. Practical, realistic, and resourceful.
Innovative – Builds and improves key business processes that enhance the effectiveness of DDN. Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, and solves problems creatively.
DataDirect Networks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, sex stereotyping, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 04:29:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!