Job title: Senior Product Manager – Tech
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
We are seeking a visionary Principal Product Manager -Tech to join our product team. This role will be responsible for global expansion of various music services in different regions and countries. As each region/country is different, the person will need to understand local product and business requirements, feed them back into various teams and get those capabilities built for a successful launch. It will also involve identification and building of product and tech capabilities that will allow us to launch Amazon Music in a new country/region with as little effort as possible.
As a Principal Technical Product Manager, you will help define and build new Amazon Music experiences that make it easier for customers to discover and fall in love with music. At Amazon Music, product managers are the CEO of the features they build and closely collaborate with Engineering, Project Management, Design, and more, to set strategy for, define, design, and directly manage all aspects of the customer experience. A successful candidate will be customer obsessed, highly analytical, have experience working on social/mobile products at scale, and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. The ideal candidate will be able to boil down a big vision for the future into a simple set of features we can launch iteratively and experimentally, and know how to build support for their vision while taking input from other creative contributors.
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development and/or technology
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Engineering)
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience of building products focused on consumer social and/or mobile
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products customers love
· Experience delivering products in a complex and face-paced environment using agile process and experimentation
· Track record of achievements. You’ve shipped cool stuff that has moved the needle on key business & customer metrics. You have a proven ability to make smart feature versus time-to-market trade-offs. You have demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision.
· Data-centric and analytical. You have experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value. You also leverage your strong analytical skills and ability to dive deep to develop a nuanced understanding of your product and customers, and to create effective strategies. You also have a demonstrated ability to make high quality, high impact decisions in the absence of data and figure out how to gather data (through experiments, tests, etc) to support your decisions.
· Technical fluency. You have the ability to understand, discuss, and challenge architectural concepts, tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
· Excellent communication skills. You are as comfortable speaking in front of the company at an all-hands meeting as you are writing a detailed six-page narrative on your products that you can defend with the highest levels of senior leadership.
· Strong collaboration skills. You have a proven ability to work across functions and across marketplaces to influence senior leaders. You quickly earn the trust of people you work with. People enjoy and have fun working with you.
· Excellent customer experience intuition. You obsess about customers and can translate customer needs into crisp, detailed product requirements. You are able to develop innovative product solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs.
· Strong ownership and bias for action. One of your favorite things to do as a product manager is to launch, learn and iterate. You know what matters most to customers and can simplify product requirements to deliver benefits to customers quickly. You identify opportunities and step up in various areas to turn those opportunities into realities
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 02:01:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!