Job title: Sr . Software Engineer
Company: QuarkXpress Publishing R and D India Pvt Ltd
Job description: What You ll Do:
- Contribute towards the development of features, implementing parts or in whole for Quark Enterprise Solution Clients/QXP Business/QXP
- Ability to clearly understand per project basis
- Existing product features and overall solution
- Work closely with Scrum master/Lead in understanding the assignments in context of overall scope and implement the assignments in a timely manner with high quality
- Install, Deploy, configuration and Demo product at feature level, must have excellent knowledge on complete product lifecycle.
- Ability to quickly adapt with regular switching of client assignments; based on priorities without significantly impacting productivity
- Software Engineer II designs and develops software applications. Performs coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development process
- Assist the Senior and Staff engineer in development of existing and new projects.
- Be able to work on deadlines defined by SLAs for both defects and features
- Be able to deliver quality work that meets the expectations of the customers.
- Able to demo and demonstrate whenever required as per business requirement
- Participating in Agile meetings to contribute with development strategies
- Contributing to design and architectural decisions
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of project requirements, specifications, and project plan.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Full time position based in Chandigarh
What we re looking for:
- BE/B.Tech/MCA/ME/MTech/ from premier institute in computer science or related field
- A minimum of 4-7 years of experience as a software engineer with relevant Industry exposure
- Proven experience in C& C++. (modern C++ e.g. C++11, C++14 is a plus) and object-oriented design
- Experience building products for developers e.g. SDKs, libraries, open source software.
- Experience writing libraries or apps on iOS or Android. (Objective-C, Android Java, Kotlin).
- Passion for writing efficient highly performant code for desktop and mobile platforms.
- Passion for collaborating with multiple engineering teams that are clients using your software
- Expertise in cross-browser development
- Deep understanding of overall systems development life cycle including various methodologies (agile, waterfall, iterative).
- Exposure to TFS and MS Build or equivalent systems
- Experience with open source technologies
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly logical.
- Technically proficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Location: Mohali, Punjab
Job date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 23:27:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!